FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) answers a handful of the most common questions people have about us and the services we provide. If you have any questions that are not answered here, feel free to send us an email using our contact form found in the menu bar.
Why choose us over other local competition?
We strive to offer the best cabinetry value and best customer service possible. Not only will you be buying your cabinetry from us, but you are also buying our service and knowledge. You deal directly with the people responsible for the design, manufacture, and installation of your new cabinetry. Who else is better positioned to give you a straight forward answer to any question or concern you may have.
What sort of products do you manufacture?
Sylvester Cabinetry specializes in residential cabinetry such as kitchen and bath, built-ins, mantels, wet/dry bars, and entertainment centers. We can also assist you in finding qualified designers and contractors for your other renovation needs.
What makes Sylvester Cabinetry unique?
- Longer lasting cabinets, our base cabinets use a leg leveling system, with 3/4 plywood toe kick attaching directly to the legs. This keeps any wood from contacting the floor, so in an unfortunate case of a broken water pipe your kitchen will be safe from water damage. Our upper cabinets hang on a hidden steel rail that attaches directly to the studs in your wall with 2 1/4 inch screws. Each hanger is rated for 300 lbs! so unless you plan on filling your cabinets will concrete, they will not fall off the wall.
- Our crown molding, light rail, and other moldings are solid wood and are stained or painted to perfectly match the doors. Some other kitchens use a foil wrapped MDF crown and light valence in a color that “closely” matches the doors.
- The edges of our cabinets are done with a color matched edge banding. Some other manufacturers use white only.
- Our cabinet end panels and gables are real wood veneers stained or painted to perfectly match the doors. Other kitchens use a melamine in a color that “closely” matches the doors.
- We do not have any “stock” cabinet sizes. We will manufacture your cabinet size to whatever best fits your space. Other manufacturers have cabinets available in 3” width increments only and have a large premium to deviate from this.
- We provide a “factory finish” or a “custom finish”. The choice depends on your budget and your expectations.
- Our cabinets have been engineered to take full advantage of the European hardware.
- We utilize many small design details that are overlooked by other manufacturers. This provides for a better built product that integrates seamlessly with your space, and most importantly, it makes for a better looking product.
Are custom cabinets really expensive?
At Sylvester Cabinetry, custom simply means we will build our cabinets to suit you and your space and by providing you with almost limitless possibilities for design. We encourage you to shop “The Big Box Stores” to see how we compare as we will beat them on quality, service, and value every time.
Why do prices seem so differ so much place to place?
When you shop for a new kitchen, you are conveying your ideas to someone else. That persons interpretation of your design, leads them on a path to come up with a design that they think meets your needs. When you go somewhere else, the next person will interpret your needs differently and come up with a different design. This leads to many different interpretations which can lead to comparing apples to oranges. It is very important that you ask the right questions about the estimate you receive. You should be aware of the cabinet construction and the design elements they have included or excluded. At Sylvester Cabinetry, we offer cabinets to suit just about any budget. If our price seems out of line, we have probably included some things that our competitors have not. We encourage you to question our pricing as it is our goal to give you the absolute best value for your dollar.
Can you help us meet our budget?
Our goal is to provide you with the best value possible within your budget. We always try to maximize your dollars and put the money towards things that matter most to you. That being said, we will absolutely not sacrifice the quality of our work by using inferior materials or construction methods.
What is your payment schedule?
- After you accept our initial estimate, we ask for 10% of the estimate total to start the design review process.
- Once we have finalized the design and details, we ask for 40% of the estimate total to start engineering and fabrication.
- When your cabinets are delivered, we ask for another 40% of the estimate total.
- Once the installation is complete, and you are fully satisfied, we then ask for the final payment of 10% of the estimate total.
Do you build your own doors?
We purchase our doors from the largest kitchen door manufacturer in the USA. The reason, is to give you a huge selection of door styles to choose from, and to give the best quality of door you can find.
We already have an interior designer/contractor, are you able to work with them?
We will do everything possible to help you with your cabinetry purchase. We will deal directly with you, your designer, and contractor to make the renovation process go as smoothly as possible.
What are the key reasons I should buy my new cabinetry from Sylvester Cabinetry?
- No middlemen. This ensures all of your money goes towards your new cabinetry and not to wholesalers and distributors.
- You will work directly with the person designing, building and installing your cabinets.
- You can set an appointment that meets your schedule.
- Talk with a real hands-on expert.
- 3D computer generated design to help you visualize your new cabinetry.
- If your cabinets are damaged in the future, or you should have a warranty issue, Sylvester Cabinetry is in a better position to visit your home and offer a solution to the problem. Often times the problem can be corrected in that one visit.
- This is your cabinetry. Have it made the way you want. Don’t settle for “off-the-shelf cabinet boxes.” Specify attractive custom cabinets that truly fit your home and taste.